Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. This course will give participants a seven-step conflict resolution process that they can use and modify to resolve conflict disputes of any size. Your participants will also be provided a set of skills in solution building and finding common ground.
In the Conflict Resolution workshop, participants will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. Dealing with conflict is important for every organization no matter what the size. If it is left unchecked or not resolved it can lead to lost production, absences, attrition, and even law suits.
Module One: Getting Started
• Housekeeping Items
• The Parking Lot
• Workshop Objectives
Module Two: An Introduction to Conflict Resolution
• What is Conflict?
• What is Conflict Resolution?
• Understanding the Conflict Resolution Process
Module Three: The Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
Module Four: Creating an Effective Atmosphere
• Neutralizing Emotions
• Setting Ground Rules
• Choosing the Time and Place
Module Five: Creating Mutual Understanding
• What Do I Want?
• What Do They Want?
• What Do We Want?
Module Six: Focusing on Individual Needs
• Finding Common Ground
• Building Positive Energy and Goodwill
• Strengthening Your Partnership
Module Seven: Getting to the Root Cause
• Examining Root Causes
• Creating a Cause and Effect Diagram
• The Importance of Forgiveness
• Identifying the Benefits of Resolution
Module Eight: Generating Options
• Generate, Don’t Evaluate
• Creating Mutual Gain Options and Multiple Option Solutions
• Digging Deeper into Your Options
Module Nine: Building a Solution
• Creating Criteria
• Creating a Shortlist
• Choosing a Solutions
• Building a Plan
Module Ten: The Short Version of the Process
• Evaluating the Situation
• Choosing Your Steps
• Creating an Action Plan
• Using Individual Process Steps
Module Eleven: Additional Tools
• Stress and Anger Management Techniques
• The Agreement Frame
• Asking Open Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
• Words from the Wise
• Review of Parking Lot
• Lessons Learned
• Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations